1. Consumer Privacy Statement
Your privacy is important to us as is your trust in our products and services. We want you to know that the information you share with us will be treated with care. This Privacy Statement addresses what personal information we collect and how we handle the personal information shared with us.
This Privacy Statement applies to personal information we obtain from and about individuals interacting with our website and its websites products and services. It does not apply to personal information we obtain in our capacity as an employer.
3. Information Collected
As you interact with our website, there may be opportunities for you to provide us with your information. Additionally, we may collect certain information about you or your vehicle as further described below.
The types of information that we collect about you may include, but are not limited to:
- contact information (such as name, address, city, state and ZIP code, email address and telephone number)
- vehicle information (such as vehicle identification number (VIN), make, model, model year, selling dealer, servicing dealer, date of purchase or lease and service history)
- vehicle performance data (such as engine and transmission performance, airbag deployment conditions or crash or near crash information about how a vehicle’s systems performed)
- demographic information (such as age range, marital status, and household composition)
4. Purposes of Processing of Personal Data
The information we collect about you and your vehicle will be used:
- to provide products and services
- to maintain customer relationships
- to provide customer and vehicle support and service (such as recall information or warranty service)
- to provide information and product updates
- to evaluate vehicle performance and safety as described in the vehicle owner manual
- for safety and product research purposes
- to verify eligibility for vehicle, purchase or incentive programs
- for marketing purposes
- to customize and improve communication content
- to comply with legal requirements
- we will not share information about you or your vehicle with other third parties for their independent use without your permission.
we use administrative, technical and physical security to protect the personal information we maintain and to help ensure that it is used according to this Privacy Statement.
we use “cookies” to remember user preferences and to maximize the performance of our website and services. Using cookies on our websites provides benefits to you, such as allowing you to maintain your account login information or contact information on Request a Quote forms between visits or locating a nearby dealer. In addition, we use information gathered from cookies to autofill fields on forms such as the city, state or zip code associated with your IP address. This information can be corrected by you before submitting any form or inquiry or you can disable the cookie as discussed below and the information will not be collected.
Similarly, we may also place Web beacons in our emails to measure the effectiveness of our email campaigns by identifying the individuals who open or act upon an email message, when an email message is opened, how many times an email message is forwarded, the type of software, device, operating system and browser used to deliver the email and any URL accessed through our email message.
To measure site activity and provide a better user experience, we may allow our service providers or business partners to compile information from the cookies, Web beacons or other technologies on our websites which may include information about your visit (such as demographic data, browser type, IP address, pages visited, activities conducted on the page and the day and time of your visit). We may also allow third party advertising and personalization partners to use this information to develop personalized content and appropriate advertising based on your visits over time on our web sites
This information may also be used to evaluate our online advertising campaigns or to tailor promotions and other marketing messages to you.
At this time, we do not honor “do no track” signals from a website browser. However, you may refuse or delete cookies. Please refer to your browser Help instructions to learn more about cookies and other technologies and how to manage their use. If you elect to refuse or delete cookies, you will need to repeat this process if you use another computer or change browsers. If you choose to decline cookies, some of the functionality of a website may be impaired.
6. Changes To Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. We will do so by posting additions or modifications to this page.